The goal of the Opportunity Grant is to help low-income adults reach the educational tipping point in high wage, high demand careers.
Eligible students pursuing an approved program may receive funds to cover tuition and mandatory fees up to 45 credits and up to $1,000 for books and supplies per academic year.
- Must be a Washington State resident (RCW 28B.15.012)
- Family income at or below 200% federal poverty level
- Demonstrate financial need. You must apply for Financial Aid at WWW.FAFSA.ed.gov. SVI's school code is 030521.
- Enroll in an Opportunity Grant approved professional-technical program and not already posses a degree.
- Administrative Office Professional (AOP)
- Computer-Based Accounting (CBA)
- Medical Administrative Assistant (MAS)
- Pre-Apprenticeship Construction Training (PACT)
Opportunity Grant Application Procedure
- Apply for Financial Aid on-line. WWW.FAFSA.ed.gov. School code is 030521.
- Download and complete the Opportunity Grant Application Packet.
- Take completed packet to the Opportunity Grant Coordinator, Annemarie Williams in Office 109F.
If you have any questions please contact:
Annemarie Williams, MSW
Seattle Vocational Institute 109F