Administrative Office Professional
1 quarter, 19 credits
The Administrative Office Professional Certificate program prepares students for employment in offices which use the most commonly used business software and information processing technology. Students learn the business use of computer programs including Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint) and Microsoft Internet Explorer.
In addition, instructors guide students through fundamental business courses covering keyboarding, ten key, business communication, business math, office procedures, employment skills, and office simulation. Through the use of hands-on computer training, students will have the opportunity to learn the practice and concepts of word processing, spreadsheets, computer presentations.
Gainful Employment Information
The Obama administration has created a broad set of rules to strengthen federal student aid programs at for-profit, nonprofit and public institutions by protecting students from aggressive or misleading recruiting practices, and by providing consumers with better information about the effectiveness of career college and training programs. To view the Gainful Employment information for SVI's Administrative Office Professional program, please click here.
By the end of the course of study in the Administrative Office Professional Program students should be able to:
- Perform the tasks and possess the skills needed to secure and maintain employment in Administrative Office Professional positions.
- Demonstrate professional work habits and behavior expected in a professional office including confidentiality, business ethics, and a commitment to team work and diversity.
- Possess the necessary knowledge and skills to effectively communicate orally and in writing using commonly accepted business practices.
- Demonstrate proficiency in keyboarding, ten key, data-entry, and word processing at industry standards.
- Use technical computer, telephone, and office machine skills at industry standards in proficiency to perform all required business office tasks.
- Possess the math, problem solving, and researching skills necessary to perform business office tasks.
Steps To Success
Graduates can begin their careers in the business office as office clerks, office assistants, office managers and administrative assistants. The program uses state-of-the-art equipment and continually upgrades to meet the changing demands of the computer industry.
Pre-requisite for entry into the Medical Front Office certificate program is the successful completion of all courses in the Office Clerk certificate or their equivalents.